Are you interested in receiving Art Therapy in the comfort and convenience of your own home?
For more information regarding private practice services in or around New Jersey, scheduling, and rates please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a visiting Therapist, I provide home-visit art therapy for children, families, couples, and individuals.
I am based out of Woodbridge, NJ in Middlesex County. As a traveling therapist, my clients have been located in Bergen, Middlesex, Union, Monmouth, Mercer and even Ocean Counties.
What is Art Therapy? Art therapy is a mental health profession that uses the creative process of art making to improve and enhance the physical, mental and emotional well-being of individuals of all ages. It is based on the belief that the creative process involved in artistic self-expression helps people to resolve conflicts and problems, develop interpersonal skills, manage behavior, reduce stress, increase self-esteem and self-awareness, and achieve insight. (See American Art Therapy Association)
Art Therapy is similar to traditional psychotherapy except that we add an art-making component. You do not have to be an artist to participate and benefit from art therapy. Art Therapy is effective at helping clients express ideas and emotions, to make self-discoveries, and develop greater personal insights. I have special interest in families impacted by cancer, as well as working with couples through relationship conflicts.
Art Therapy Credentials: ATR-BC. I am a nationally recognized Registered and Board Certified Art Therapist. This is the highest credential achievable in the field of art therapy.
The College of New Jersey, Ed.S., Marriage and Family Therapy, 2012
University of Miami, School of Law, J.D. 2007
New York University, M.A., Art Therapy 2001
The College of New Jersey, B.A., Fine Arts, Psych Concentration, 1998
- Facilitator of Art Therapy with disabled Veterans in an inpatient mental health treatment setting.
- Couples and family therapy at the TCNJ Family Therapy Clinic.
- In-home art therapy with adults, families and children for variety of issues including grief and loss, selective-mutism, anger management, conduct disorder, behavioral disorders, psychiatric illness and more and with individuals and families, lacking any psychiatric diagnosis, but seeking therapy to gain further insight into their lives, careers, and relationships.
- Co-facilitator of after-school anger-management art therapy group with children and adolescents.
- Facilitator of Art Therapy individual and groups on a adult acute psychiatric rehabilitation unit.
- Facilitator of Art Therapy individual and groups on adult outpatient cancer unit.
- Facilitator of Art Therapy and Family Skills Training with families struggling with HIV/AIDS, chemical dependency, homelessness, mental illness and/or physical illness.
- Proposed, developed, and facilitated two art therapy programs in adult, male, maximum-security prison with general population inmates serving life sentences or less as well as with adult male inmates detained on a maximum-security inpatient acute psychiatric treatment cell-block.
Lecture Experience: As a law student I drafted an award winning research paper on the "Art Therapist's Legal Duties to Third Parties". While practicing as an attorney, I was able to present this paper as a lecture to professionals and graduate students at NYU, at the School of Visual Arts Art Therapy Lecture Series, and most recently at the 2010 New Jersey Art Therapy Association's yearly conference at Caldwell College.
Supervision Availability: As an ATR-BC, I am available to provide supervision to graduate students working towards their ATR or ATR-BC. Please contact me at email@example.com to arrange appointments.